Aug 5, 2011

Supple Lips

I love my lip scrub days. I do a lip scrub once a week to maintain soft and supple lips. This lip scrub can be made with ingredients you probably have sitting in your kitchen and it won't disappoint... the proof is in the kiss. Mwah!!!



To make this homemade lip scrub you will need:
  • olive oil - 1 tsp
  • organic white or brown sugar (I prefer brown sugar) - 2 tsp
  • honey - 1 tsp
  • warm damp face cloth
  • peppermint oil (optional) - I drop

Slightly warm the honey by sitting the container in warm water or in the microwave. Add the olive oil and sugar and mix together. If you choose to use peppermint oil you may add it at this point and mix together. This will serve as a natural lip plumper but if you are like me and have plump lips already you may skip this step. Make sure your fingers are clean and apply the scrub to your lips and rub in a circular motion all around your lips. Make sure you scrub around, your outer and inner lips. I usually scrub for about a minute. Take the warm face cloth and wipe the scrub off of your lips. Your lips should feel soft, supple and moisturized. For added moisture you may apply some olive oil or your favorite lip balm to your lips.



No comments:

Post a Comment