May 11, 2012

Sequins all day long.

I had quite a few errands to run since I have been preoccupied with other things RVB. I am definitely putting together a schedule/timetable for myself so I can manage my time better. I keep up with major appointments and events with my calendar but I am talking about something more comprehensive.

I remember before I opened my vintage store I would dream about how much fun it would be to have my own store. Don't get me wrong, I knew it would be a challenge but I didn't really know to what extent. I was somewhat prepared for the business challenge but not so much the "mind" challenge... if that makes sense. The truth is when you are an entrepreneur the success of your business relies solely on you... or at least you feel that way. So I find that even when I don't want to think about Ruvarashe Vintage Boutique... I'm thinking about RVB. I have to consciously remind myself to remember why I opened the boutique in the first place. I also have to remind myself that it is not I who brings success but God grants success as we yield ourselves to Him. Balance is so important and necessary. I guess it is good that I am learning these lessons in the infant stages of my store. Any other business owners out there who can relate? Everyone could probably relate to this in some aspect... mothers, students, workaholics, etc.

I like dressing down sequins, glitter and beads. Pair anything sequined, glittery or beaded with something plain like denims, shorts or even sweats, minimal or no jewelry to dress it down... then wear it during the day. I wore this to run errands and just took a few shots.






sequined blouse - Vintage, hat - H&M, denims - don't even remember, trusty oxfords - Anthropologie

Let's Blossom!!!

4 comments:

  1. Ru, I agree...I love sequins with denim. Very cute look. And congrats on the boutique, I will be shopping there!


    www.theminniemaven.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun. Love your blog!!! I am glad you like the boutique.

      Delete