In the name of curiosity I recently put aside my all time favorite facial scrub to try other products however I find myself always returning back to this product. It is natural, inexpensive and you probably have it in your kitchen right now... Sodium Bicarbonate, also known as Baking Soda. I love this stuff!!!
Baking soda has too many uses to mention, from deodorizer to carpet cleaner to teeth whitener. I use it as a cleanser/facial scrub and I love it. Sometimes I use it alone, sometimes I use it after I cleanse my face, and some people mix the baking soda with their cleanser. Like all things beauty related it all depends on what works for you. Baking soda is a naturally occurring chemical compound and I love that not only is it inexpensive but it is GREEN... environmentally friendly.
How does it benefit the skin?
- Removes dead skin cells which helps skin to look more radiant
- Removes blackheads and other impurities
- Stimulates blood flow and cell turnover which is great for anti-aging
- Clears dark spots from acne or pimples thereby evening out skin tone
How to use it?
- Splash water on your face to dampen
- Use wet hands to scoop out a palm size (I tsp) of the baking soda (I keep a little glass jar in my shower caddy)
- Evenly distribute between two hands by rubbing together and concentrate the baking soda on your palms (this should create a semi paste)
- Use your palm to rub in circular motions all around your face avoiding the eye area. Make sure to get your chin, forehead, around your nose, any areas with dark spot from acne/pimples. The key is to use your palms and to use circular motions.
- Wash off with running water
- Pat face dry or allow to air dry
- This step is important... moisturize... pat moisturizer on to your face
- I use this baking soda scrub as I see the need. At most I use baking soda 3 times a week. It all depends on your skin type. If your skin is sensitive you may want to adjust the amount of times you use it.
- I prefer to do it in the shower so when I am done I can allow the water to run down my face and remove all traces of the baking soda.
Let me know if you try it and how it works for you. I always have instantly smoother more radiant skin when I use it.
** Please be advised Information provided on this site is for educational use only, and is not intended as medical advice. Every attempt has been made for accuracy, but none is guaranteed. If you have any serious health concerns, you should always check with your health care practitioner. **