Jan 10, 2012

Drink your Herbs - Ginger

I recently found a store down the street that carries all sorts of herbs. I was so elated because I have always wanted to consume more herbs in my diet. Herbs are a wonderful way to maintain health and feed our bodies with wonderful nutrients.

Though there is much debate on whether ginger is a spice or an herb I decided to include it anyway because it has such wonderful healing properties and it should be easily accessible to all my readers. Ginger has been used for many years for medicinal and culinary uses. I cook with ginger quite a bit and I also love to enjoy a cup of ginger tea. Whenever I start to experience cold symptoms... scratchy throat and all... I just make a cup of fresh grated ginger tea add lemon and honey and I am good to go... no cold. I also like to have a cup of ginger tea after dinner to aid in digestion.



Some of the benefits include but are not limited to
  • Stimulates digestion
  • Relieves nausea
  • Helps lower cholesterol and improves circulatory system
  • Relieves inflammation including lessening the pain of rheumatoid arthritis
  • Soothes common cold symptoms including respiratory infections
  • Eases menstrual cramps
  • Mood enhancer and may contribute to stress relief

** Please be advised Information on the traditional uses and properties of herbs are provided on this site is for educational use only, and is not intended as medical advice. Every attempt has been made for accuracy, but none is guaranteed. Many traditional uses and properties of herbs have not been validated by the FDA. If you have any serious health concerns, you should always check with your health care practitioner before self-administering herbs. **


Let's Blossom!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment